The PFA will host the annual Christmas Fair on Thursday 7th of December at 7.00pm. They have been working tirelessly preparing for this wonderful event and we wish to thank them for all that they do for our school community.
We are getting very excited for Christmas here at Scoil Mhuire. Our school has been transformed into a winter wonderland.
We wish all of our girls and families a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
Touch typing is an important skill in today’s technical world and it takes time to develop both speed and accuracy. We have set up accounts for the children in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th classes on Typing.com. The children will have a chance to practise touch typing during their weekly computer class. We would greatly encourage additional practice at home if possible. The children each have an individual login and password that can be used at home as well as at school, this means they can continue from where they left off every time they log in. Some children may enjoy keeping up with their typing over the summer holidays!
Some tips for typing practice:
- Sit comfortably with your feet on the floor. You may need to adjust the height of your seat or table and adjust the screen so you can see it comfortably.
- Your keyboard should be at a height that allows your elbows to be bent about 90 degrees and close to your sides.
- Try not to look at the keyboard while you type -you can cover your fingers with a piece of kitchen paper if you can’t resist that temptation.
- Don’t rush -you will get faster with time as you become accustomed to where the keys are and which finger needs to reach for them. A little practice done often goes a long way!
- As always, be careful when working online: be safe and report anything that you are uncomfortable with to a teacher or to your parent / guardian.
It was quite a journey to Crag Caves in County Kerry on a hot day -but it was well worth the trip! We had a busy day that started off with a guided tour down the cave – we saw stalagmites and stalactites! This was followed by Falconry flying display. We really enjoyed crazy cave and the playdium. Lunch is always more exciting in a new setting! All in all a great but exhausting day – many of us snoozed on the bus journey home.
Oysterhaven is always a very active and exciting place for a school tour! We hope you enjoy our pictures almost as much as we enjoyed the day!
Lots of fun here in school on dry, sunny days! We had a little Teddy Bear’s picnic today, followed by creative drawings on our school yard with mega chalks!
It looks like the 6th class girls had a fantastic time on their final school tour with Scoil Mhuire! Did we keep the best until last? Was Ballyhass Lakes the school tour of all school tours?
Second class enjoyed a variety of activities on our “Cork Adventure Day”. Cork City Gaol and the lifetime lab were both very interesting. We had lunch at McDonalds and we got to do some bowling as well!
Next week it will be Active School Week here at Scoil Mhuire. We aim to include a variety of fun activities that everyone can enjoy. The girls will need to wear their track suit all week. We have a lot of activities planned, including:
- Dance at 10;
- Dance Fit;
- Jigsaw Relays;
- Teddy Bears Picnic (Infant classes);
- School Circuit;
- Table Tennis (rang 3);
- Run 1k in a day;
- “Sports for All Day” is planned for Tuesday!
Let’s keep our fingers crossed for some fine weather. Check back on the school blog for reviews of the activities and some pictures of the children in action!